An Early Rising

My phone rang at 235 this morning. Sleeping with my phone next to the bed is a blessing, I suppose. The dog jumps in my bed to wake me up most mornings before 5 a. m. I welcome it, and am glad I sleep alone so no one else has to survive her nudges. I am losing the plot. 

I got a call from Leiney, who is in Slovenia. She had been on top of a hill and dropped her camera lens. It rolled down into the lake they were visiting. She ran down to save it and inadvertently got her foot stuck in a hole, just before the lake and somehow fell backward into the water. Her foot was caught in the hole  Jared and a bystander had to pull hard to get her foot free, and in so doing, severely injured her ACL. Poor thing. They have another week and change to travel. She is on crutches and in pain. Fuck. At least she has a kind boyfriend. They will figure it out. 

They return to Vienna soon, I think, where they have been for the last several weeks. They come home just before my birthday, but a week after the kid returns to school.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Still Muddling Through Somehow

Don't Do It, Don't Do It, Oh, Lord

Three Days